1. My fingers smell of old, dried glue.
2. A circle of matte green-grey shoots have appeared in the garden. Only time will tell what they’ll be.
3. As I leave the theatre, a woman is holding a fake hand prop in her arms like a sleeping baby.
4. Carbon spot it first: a fox running down the road outside our house – the first we’ve seen here. We watch it until it disappears back into the woods.
5. The cats decide that 10pm on a chilly January evening is the ideal time to explore the front of the house. Carbon runs a beat across the empty recycling bins then climbs a tree; Carla explores the street and the gardens across the road; and Boron, manic-eyed Boron, celebrates every new outside discovery by racing back into the house to check everything’s alright in there. I stand under the street light and watch it all.