1. I make a pate for lunch and we both remark it’s “good mackerel”. 2. The water pressure has been low all day but it still takes me a moment to realise that there is now no water coming from the tap. It’s jarring like a shoelace snapping. Over the rest of the afternoon, I […]
1. I know the greenhouse is dirty but I’m still quite surprised by how much difference a couple of hours of cleaning makes – the glass sparkles in the sun. 1b. All the cats (ours and our neighbours) visit me while I’m working – possibly because I throw out some old catnip plants. 2. Spiked […]
1. I find the perfect phrase to sum up how I feel about my life at the moment. 2. The chewy smokiness of the aubergine. 3. The pattern is simple (both in theory and practise) but the variegated colour of the yarn packs it with texture anyway.
1. I fear – a dread fear that makes my blood run cold – that we’ve run out of brown sauce then I spot a new bottle at the back of the cupboard. 2. The brush is the same width as the frame. The paint goes on smoothly – much better than expected – though […]
1. The slight sourness of the muffin. 2. The dog waddles over to us to say hello. Early on, I offer him a treat and I spend the rest of the afternoon with an expectant friend. 3. Stretched out in the dark to watching old Game of Thrones episodes. Once we pull over the footstool, […]
1. He wants to make sure we get what we’ll like rather than what we think we want. Though it is made fresh for us, the food arrives in less time than it took us to decide on it. 1b. We both gasp at the price of parking – we can’t believe it’s so cheap. […]