Dear 36 year old me, As you may remember from last year (and/or 20 years ago if it arrived), I wrote a letter to our 16 year old incarnation with some advice that could be/would have been useful to us back then. Writing that letter, and reading those written by others (most notably Andrew), I […]
0. For the last few months, I’ve been hugging a pillow during the night to encourage myself to sleep in a better position. Sometimes it’s the most comfortable, comforting thing in the world. 1. Twice during the day I find myself nursing my mug in my hands. The warmth is very pleasant indeed. 2. Inspired […]
1. I rediscover some fun old funnies: the Ukepedia submission we had from strangers (for example, this one, this one and this one). 2. I creep around the plots looking for signs of new growth: lollo roso lettuces filling out, broad beans lengthening, tiny grapes formed in ready made clumps, and on the squashes, baby […]
1. The bus arrives just after I reach the stop and it accepts my day ticket too. 1b. Pizza Pieces. I realise I’ve been going there, for its excellent pizza slices, for longer than the lad that served me has probably been alive. It’s so good. 1c. I find exactly what I’m looking for and […]
1. The perfect pots for the job. 2. Giggling at poor taste jokes as our walk comes to an end. 2b. I add my own “phrasing!” into a double entrendre packed sentence. 3. Blowing bubbles at each other in the bath. 4. Water biscuits with good butter and a slice of proper smoked cheese.
1. I wait with Lily. Her head tilts and her tail wags. 1b. Later, her tail wags happily – not fast, just contentedly – on the home stretch of the walk. 2. We have an impromptu cream tea. 3. I sit on the step and cuddle him until I’m thoroughly covered in fur.