1. John pulling his buttoned shirt over his head is endearing; him trying the same move without realising his shirt is buttoned is just funny. 2. The hidden little lanes that remember when this area was like a country village. The cottage gardens overflow with pretty flowers and to the other side, towards the canal, […]
1. Fluffy light pancakes for breakfast. 2. It’s been a busy day for us but we find the time to have a quiet rest before the evening. 3. I show my friends around the allotments. I lose them at different points as they find their fruit bushes to pilfer.
1. Our neighbour catches me while I’m hanging out the washing and we chat about kitties while little R-kitten explores his new garden. 2. I get my first haircut in a year. I knew getting rid of my split ends would improve things but oh wow. My hair looks so much healthier and shinier now […]
Dear 36 year old me, As you may remember from last year (and/or 20 years ago if it arrived), I wrote a letter to our 16 year old incarnation with some advice that could be/would have been useful to us back then. Writing that letter, and reading those written by others (most notably Andrew), I […]
1. Each component of our lunch originated in a different part of Europe (though most are local copies). 2. I spend hours hoeing the beds and chopping back weeds. I’m amazed how much room suddenly appears towards the back of the plot – and oh, one of my new raspberry bushes has finally sprung into […]
1. We try to stay on topic but he’s intrigued by the guitar then the accordion. 2. I harvest some crops from the garden. The super vivid red currants and mange tout clash marvelously in the bowl, and both the blackcurrants and raspberries are bigger than their peers from the allotment. 3. The caramelised onions […]