1. I make a new purse. It’s a bit hurried and too many things go wrong to make it a total success but some things go well: the neat double fold sits neatly alongside the zip; the cotton disappears into the fabric (pattern/colour-wise) and the width of the foot makes a perfect guide for the […]
1. Breakfast on the balcony in the sunshine – the first time this year. Lily sits with me while the cats – our and next door’s – explore the gardens. (It seems like Feb 27th is the day to breakfast on the balcony again.) 2. I dig out my Appleton’s shade card box to help […]
1. A dozen little birds in the elder tree. Half flee as soon as we see them, as if they suddenly know they’re being observed. 2. The rumbling drum underneath the song. 3. Something is wrong with the design but I can’t tell what. I tweak some things and take a long look from a […]
1. The morning is bright and sunny. I hug the dog and take photos of the pretty cat on the window sill. 2. We are, in general, a bit disappointed with our tiles but looking closer, we all find things we like and want to try again. 2b. We joke, back and forth. 2c. I […]
1. It’s not fine dining by any means but brie spread on muffins hits a comfort food spot. 2. I stand amongst the birches and just breath. 3. Most of the tiles are distinctly underwhelming but a few of them a very pleasant indeed.
1. For fluffy nonsense white bread, the loaf cuts amazingly well. My slices are uniform and don’t collapse under pressure. (They do though tear during buttering.) 2. To have the opportunity to change my plans and make the most of the sunny day. 2b. Lily grazes on the grass while I talk to my new […]