1. Horses rustling dried grass in the darkness as I pass by. 2. I spoon the dog, John spoons the cat and my legs while we watch people on the tv laughing with pure joy. 3. To finish a blue day by learning something new.
1. I’m lucky that I can wake up in my own time nearly every morning but some mornings I’m more grateful than others. Today is one of them. 2. The RadMac show on 6Music runs a list of puns of things vaguely rhyming with ‘tune’: the ridiculousness of the suggestions gets me giggling almost instantly. [...]
1. Last week I was introduced to the phrase of “hotel toast”: when you let toast go cold before spreading it with butter so the spread sits on top rather than sinking in. Hotel toast is my favourite way to have toast – this morning, I have it with butter and strawberry jam: delicious. 2. [...]
1. I eat the fish pie flanked by attentive cats. 2. To know I can rely on the team to do their jobs when I’m distracted by other things. 3. Another chatty taxi driver. (I always seem to get more chatty taxi drivers after shows than at other times.) We’re talking so much – about [...]
1. Lily sticks her head around the doorway, ears raised. She looks gorgeous against the flat lime wall. I enjoy the moment and the colours before going to get my camera but she’s moved by the time I get back. I get this snap a few seconds later instead by way of compensation: 2. Laughter [...]
1. There is just about nothing funnier than watching a chicken run directly at you. 2. There is, understandably, so much faked emotion in the drama studio that it makes real emotion – split-your-face grins, bursts of laughter exploding out of usually too-cool people, and coy smiles hiding swollen pride after compliments – seem all [...]