1. Hundreds of chickens – little red specks in the giant field – mill about in the early morning mist.
2. The blue robed woman stands in her garden, watching the train go by.
3. Suddenly the rows of terraced housing give away. The glorious green slopes draw the eye down to the curve of the steely river.
4. For the second time that day, I’m surprised by the quality of the chocolate brownie I’m eating.
5. I love it when posh-voiced older people swear randomly.
6. We’ve chatted over email and IM but it’s the first time we see each other face to face in nearly a decade. I’m surprised how familiar his voice still sounds.
7. I’ve had three long-time-no-see reunion incidents over the last few years and this one is by far the best. I’ve missed them a lot.