So we’re two months through 2010 and how many goals have I accomplished…?
1. To make a meal using only ingredients I’ve grown, raised, caught or killed myself.
Not done much for this one yet – although I have become a mustard making fiend of late and that will probably feed into said meal.
2. To travel to a place on my “top ten places to go before I die” list.
Not done anything on this yet. Boo.
3. Finish writing my second novel.
I’ve thought about it a few times – that counts, right?
4. Learn how to make sausages – wet English style ones and cured ones too.
We’re booked on a course later this month @ Old Sleningford Farm.
5. Spend at least a day fishing out on the North Sea.
Nothing happened on this yet but it wasn’t likely to happen in the winter – far too cold!
6. Finally finish learning how to drive.
Yeah… No… I’ve got annoyed at the buses to/from Bingley a few times though – a couple more times will be plenty of inspiration to get me started again though.
7. Make a full outfit’s worth of clothing for myself – including spinning any wool used.
World of Warcraft has killed a lot of my crafting pursuits but I’ve been keeping an eye out for spinning course.
8. Learn how to program and make a mini-game/application using Ruby.
Ha! something I’ve actually started – I’ve learnt some very basic Ruby from my learning to program book. I made an “angry boss” program and a “deaf grandma” program – very very simple things though so they don’t complete my goal. I must make more time for it.
9. Climb a mountain or at least a jolly big hill.
It’s been too snowy to do anything much towards this one but something that should happen this weekend will make it a whole lot easier to get used to walking…
10. Participate more in the real world – plan/run a real life green event or scheme.
I’ve started the preliminary stages of basic introductory reading/research along one potential path and I’ve bookmarked some relevant stuff – but not really started yet.
So all in all, I’ve not done much towards any of them. It’s the snow and World of Warcraft’s fault.